If you have journalism chops and love to go out and about in this fair city, we have a job you might like.
BK Magazine is currently hiring for two Senior Lifestyle Writer positions.
Fresh graduates or people with less professional experience are more than welcome to apply (we can show you the ropes!), but the title of the position will change accordingly with experience. If you have less experience, a successful application will be based on knowledge of Bangkok’s lifestyle scene and enthusiasm for BK magazine.
If that sounds like you, read on.
What this job is not
This is a journalism position, not a job where you spend your time schmoozing with PRs and rewriting press releases. We write original stories and add value to each piece of news we create. We don’t accept free gifts to our offices, and do not give coverage to clients or friends in return for free items or meals.
• Write daily news and weekly feature stories plus assigned columns for BK (print and online) and BK guides.
• Create photo and video content for use on Instagram, TikTok and other social media platforms.
• Upload and track performance of web content.
• Pitch news and feature ideas on a daily basis.
• Occasionally attend dinners, openings, product launches, and other ad hoc events on behalf of the magazine.
• Stay up to date on the hottest trends in food and lifestyle to help the magazine stay ahead of the curve.
• Develop a network of industry contacts to help drive content creation.
• Minimum of 1-3 years working in print or digital media.
• Able to write with flair.
• Street-savvy and knows the latest trends in Bangkok, especially in F&B, is a must.
• Stays cool under pressure.
• Crushes deadlines and isn’t afraid to put in OT to get the job done when needed.
• Able to work independently, but works well with others, too.
• Asks questions, takes criticism well, and wants to grow within the industry.
• Spends an almost unhealthy amount of time on social media.
• Is excited to pitch new and exciting story ideas on a weekly basis and doesn’t sit around waiting for press releases.
• Though not essential, the ability to take high-quality photos and/or video is a plus.
This position is open to Thai nationals only.