1 year ago
BK Magazine is seeking a Senior Writer to help produce Bangkok’s premiere English-language lifestyle magazine.
Reporting to the Managing Editor, the Senior Writer produces engaging stories with an eye for detail, and also approaches social media and photography with energy and a desire to learn.
· Writes feature stories plus assigned columns for BK (print and online) and BK guides
· Helps upload and track web content
· Pitches new story and column ideas to keep BK fresh and exciting
· Contributes to BK’s social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
· Attends dinners, openings, product launches, and other ad hoc events on behalf of the magazine
· Stays up to date on the latest trends in nightlife, food, music, fashion, and/or travel
· Minimum of 1-3 years working in print or digital media
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Able to write with flair
· Street-savvy and knows the latest trends in Bangkok
· Stays cool under pressure
· Crushes deadlines and isn’t afraid to put in OT to get the job done
· Able to work independently, but works well with others, too
· Asks questions, takes criticism well, and wants to grow within the industry
· Spends an almost unhealthy amount of time on social media
· Though not essential, the ability to take high-quality photos and/or video is a plus
This position is open to Thai nationals only.
To apply please email CV and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.