1 month ago
BK Magazine is seeking an Associate Editor to help produce Bangkok’s premiere English-language lifestyle magazine.
Reporting directly to the Managing Editor, the Associate Editor helps keep BK Magazine fresh and at the top of its game with great editing, clever storytelling, and a cutting-edge social media game.
· Helps manage production of BK print editions, as well as guides like Top Tables and BAD
· Proofreads and edits content for publication
· Writes feature stories plus assigned columns for BK (print and online) and BK guides
· Helps edit, create, and manage web content
· Liaises with other departments to get work out fast and accurately
· Develops new column ideas to keep BK fresh and exciting
· Assists in managing BK’s social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
· Attends dinners, openings, product launches, and other ad hoc events on behalf of the magazine
· Minimum of 3-5 years working in print or digital media
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Able to write with flair
· Has a keen and critical eye for detail and never lets errors slip
· Street-savvy and knows the latest trends in Bangkok
· Stays cool under pressure
· Crushes deadlines
· Able to work independently, but works well with others, too
· Loves social media so much that they’re basically moonlighting as an influencer
· Though not essential, the ability to take high-quality photos and/or video is a plus
This position is open to Thai nationals only.
To apply please email CV and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.