Jul 19, 2012|
- Ford Sync: smart technology that uses voice control to play music, make calls, read text messages and connects you to your mobile with just one push of a button on the steering wheel. It’s smarter than the voice control on its sister, the Ford Fiesta, as you don’t need to record your voice first for the commands to work plus it can do more.
- Active Park Assist: uses sensors to assist you with parallel parking; just push the button and it searches for available spaces. Then all you have to do is control the brakes and change gear, without having to steer.
- Active City Stop: uses sensors to see vehicles in front of you to automatically stop your car from running into the back of them. Active only when your speed is between 15-30km, it’s aimed at preventing accidents while sitting in heavy traffic.
Power start button and smart keyless entry.
- Automatic Grille Shutter: air ducks under the front grille automatically open and shut according to the speed of the car for better air intake and ventilation.
- Blind Spot Information System: uses motion sensors to alert you with a blinking light on the side mirror when there is a car in your blind spot.
- Diesel model replaced by a new four-cylinder benzene engine.
- Improved suspension system makes for a smooth and steady ride.
- Handling is quite precise even when tackling curves at high speed.
The Ford Sync system makes it easy to control music and access text messages without having to take your hands off the wheel.
- A pleasantly quiet cockpit and comfortable seats.
- The Active Grille Shutter is definitely a cool feature for a car of this price.
- Active Parking Assist is accurate and simple to use; a perfect function for those who hate parallel parking.
- Impressive 170 horsepower from the 2.0 Liter engine.
- No built-in navigation system.
- No blind-spot assist on the 5-door models.
- Acceleration is a bit slow on the 1.6 Liter model.
- Active parking only works for parallel parking and is only available in the Titanium+ and Sport+ models.
- Sync function doesn’t standby so you need to push the button for every command and it is not available in the Ambiente model.
Verdict : Packed with smart technology that doesn’t exist in other cars within the price range, offering steady handling, improved safety features plus lower fuel consumption thanks to the new benzene engine, the all-new Ford Focus is definitely at the top of its class when it comes to mid-range sedan/hatchbacks under B1.2 million. Our biggest concern though is the limited amount of service showrooms currently available in Thailand.
Available in sedan and hatchback models in 1.6 and 2.0 liter, starting from B759,000-1.079million.